CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Welcome- Come on in and stay awhile.

Friday, January 9, 2009

School, To Do Lists, and Dry Skin- Oh My!


Christmas break is over and my little one has gone back to school. She hasn't been looking forward to it and I was afraid we might have major problems this morning! She never stops suprising me and luckily today was no exception. She hopped up ths morning and said "I'm glad to go to school today." Thank you God! It's reassuring to know that your child is happy, especially when she isn't with you.

We spent the past week in my hometown with my family and I've got major catching up to do. Laundry by the TON, manuscripts in my inbox waiting to be reviewed, Christmas gifts to find a spot for, a bathroom to clean, clothes to iron, floors to vacuum- ugh. If only the housecleaning fairy would drop by.......

It's another unseasonably warm day here at the beach- 70 degrees! My family lives in the mountains and my skin went crazy while I was there. Its funny how my body has adapted to elements at the beach and has forgotten that I'm a mountain girl. The freezing cold, dry air and wind zapped the moisture fom my face. I woke up our last day there and my skin was literally flaking off- disgusting to say the least. My forehead, my chin, my temples, the sides of my nose- all like the Sahara. I found a really good moisturizer last night and hopefully it will work.

My sweet husband looks past it all though, last night we were settling ino bed and sweet guy that he is, nuzzles my (DRY) face and whispers"You're beautiful." I love him.

2 comments:

themrs said...

yay! i'm your first comment!!! do i get a prize? love love love the layout. super cute:)

Samantha@IW said...

Yes you are :) How about a "I was Samantha's first comment" badge???