CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Welcome- Come on in and stay awhile.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Darn that Billy Mays



I could easily be an "As Seen On TV" addict. The Hope In a Jar skincare infomercial has mesmerized me with their VOO DOO magic. They've made me wonder how I've been living without it all these years, apparenly it doesn't just change your skin it changes your life. Plus If I order right now I'll receive four free gifts- a $42 value!


Some things I want to try:


ShamWOW

HangerCascader

CaulkDr. Pro- You never know when I might have serious caulking needs.


Snuggie

Shark Steam Mop

Aqua Globes- so what if I don't actually own any plants, I could get some. . . .

Pedi Paws- I just need to get a dog.

Strap Perfect



But WAIT there's MORE!


I don't actually order these things but I'm not above buying them at Walgreens. . . . I had to have Mighty Putty, oh the uses I just new I would have for it. I've used it approximatley ZERO times. I think it's the impeccable acting in these televsion gems that draw me in and if that doesnt convince me they always offer to double my order- free if I call in the next 10 minutes. It's so tempting.

11 comments:

Lizzy said...

We have the Snuggie (my bro got my mom one for Cmas as a bit of a gag gift since we mock the commercials) and it is actually really nice!! We also have the ShamWow and it works as well as they say-- we use it by the front door since Michigan winters are rough on hard wood floors. It makes a good mat to put snowy boots on!! My boss has the aqua globes and says they work really well, too. OH!! And my parents tried the Kinoki foot pads and decided they didn't feel any different (but they also didn't try them for 2 weeks :)!

I love infomercials too-- let me know if you try any of this stuff that I haven't seen off of TV!

Samantha@IW said...

Lizabeth-
Dont you love the snuggie commercial LOL? "Look you can hold a baby, pet your dog, read a book, croche an ugly sweater, even have a snack!" TOO funny.

MonicaW42 said...

The PediPaws is crap..... It doesnt even work on our cat. Aqua Globes are good for my up high plants so I don't have to water as often. I want ShamWow but my husband says the dude in the commercial is on the Pedophile Scale of a +10 on looks :( boo.... Can we guess since I have been home I have been tv shopping?

Nina Bell said...

I am really not that impressed with SamWow

Has anyone tried the Shark Mop?

Samantha@IW said...

Its good to know I'm not alone with my interest in tv products :)

Anya@IW said...

I haven't tried any of the products but the Hercules Hooks look promising! Oh and that steamer thingie. No more ironing!

marci said...

Darn...the PediPaws sucks, Monica?

My husband bought one but we haven't used it on the dog yet because you're supposed to acclimate the dog to it by running it near them to get them used to the sound and vibration before trying it on their paws....and we're still in the acclimation phase.

I'll let you all know if it does any good. I hope it words...we have to hold the poor dog's mouth shut so we don't get nipped when we're clipping his nails...he has sensitive toes!

MonicaW42 said...

Marci,
We prob should have bought the big huge pedi paws they have out for $63 as my dog is part rottie and part lab so he is a big boy. He had a bad experience at a groomers that hit him and he will freak out if we try to take him and tries to nip us when we do his nails now. Solution, my husband went and bought a dremel and we used that on him with no biting so far. It has more power for nails on a dog that size, noise is low to not scare and we can use it on other household stuff.

Samantha@IW said...

MARCI-
Gotta love a multi-tasker!

themrs said...

oh my word, i am the same way! every time i see an informercial i want it and my husband just rolls his eyes :) i've been dying to the the shamwow and that body slimming undergarment (can't remember the name) i also want bare minerals and the plant waterers. i should get out more....

Samantha@IW said...

I looked up reviews on the slimmy thing and they weren't very good :) Also I got bare minerals with the highest of hopes but it didnt do that much for me.