CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Welcome- Come on in and stay awhile.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Better than Raindrops on Roses or Whiskers on Kittens




Hey ladies-




Just a quick post to share a few of my favorite things lately!




Sugar as an exfoliant really is awesome and better than anything I've bought -I'm soft as a baby's bottom. I use 2 teaspoons with a few drops of water on my face after cleansing, and a couple of tablespoons with a bit of water in the shower, it great for knees and elbows!




I despise mayo but chicken salad has always looked really yummy to me, I've tried it and just cant handle the mayo taste/texture. I decided the other day to try it with a bit of mustard instead and it was aweome! I know that most people love mayo but if you want to avoid the calories and dont like light mayo, may I suggest:




2 cups chicken


2 tablespoons mustard


1 diced celery stalk


3 tablespoons sweet pickle cubes


1/8tsp onion powder (or real onion)


salt and pepper


chopped boiled egg (optional)




It's delicious!

5 comments:

Nina Bell said...

I remember going to the Sound of Music when it first came out. We only had one movie theater in our community and it was on for about 3 weeks. I was pretty young but I really loved that movie.

If you like ham your recipe make a good ham salad also.

Sugar, I am trying to stay away form that stuff. I am afraid if I use it on my face it will find a way to my hips.

Samantha@IW said...

Darn! I hadnt thought of that- I'll let you know if I gain 10 pounds lol :)

Anya@IW said...

Samantha, do you honestly hate mayo too? I have been waiting years to find someone who feels like I do.

I detest mayo. The sight, smell, and thought of it make me ill. I find it digusting beyond belief. And believe me, I know it's not rational - I eat the ingredients present in mayo separately, but together - yuck!

It's hard to be mayo-phobic. Everyone just assumes you want mayo on that sandwich or burger. I always have to double check when I go out to eat. Don't even get me started on the aioli craze!

Now I LOVE mustard so this recipe sounds right up my alley!

Your sugar idea sounds promising. I'll let you know when I try it. I am sick of rough skin in the winter....

Samantha@IW said...

Anya
My mayo hating sister, I feel your pain! It comes on every sandwich, is in multiple recipes, and sometimes certain white chesses when melted appear to be mayo and you can never tell if they accidentally put the mayo on by mistake! Have you ever traded a bottom bun with a friend bc the drive through put mayo on your burger and you dont want to go back? Everyone knows the bottom bun isnt as good.

I find it repulsive. The taste, the smell, the texture. Ughhh. One time I was at my great-great aunt's house as a child. She made mashed potatoes with dinner. They were terrible, I mean disgusting. So I nicely asked disguising my disgust for curiosity, what she put in her potatoes..... Mayo. Oh dear God try to choke down mayo mashed potatoes. Specifiicaly in the south mayo is a favorite- it's in 7,983 recipes. Trust me, I've encountered them all.

Seriously the chicken salad is awesome, and I'm addicted. The more celery the better, I love the crunch.

Ann said...

The first sandwhich my son made himself, when he was about 5, was white bread, mayo (lots of it) and American cheese. He wanted a second one when he was done. Mayo was slopped on his face. I was trying to be a good mom and encourage his independence. But, my goodness it was soooo gross!

He is disgusted by the idea of it now, too. He doesn't remember it.