CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Welcome- Come on in and stay awhile.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mothers: An Embarrassment to Children Since the Beginning of Time

Our little one is too funny. I was getting her ready for bed tonight and she said "Mommy, your hair needs some poofing up", she started fluffing it up and when it was "poofed" to her satisfaction I struck a little pose. To which she informed me: "Mommy- don't do that, you are not a fashion girl."

A few weeks ago I was getting ready to take her to school. She looks me up and down and says "Uhm Mommy, do you think my friends will like those shoes?" Apparently my tennis shoes were an abomination to the eyes.

Earlier this year her whole school did a South American celebration and when her class did the Mexican hat dance her teacher pulled me out to dance with them. BIG mistake- as soon as it started she whispered to me in this horrified voice "Mommy, go BACK!" It was too late, I was already in the dancing circle and her teacher was holding my hand. I heard about that for days.

Just imagine how much I will embarrass her when she's a teenager!



4 comments:

Nina Bell said...

Oh surely you will. I have some experience in that field. Doesn't matter what you do. But that to will pass. Mine are in their 20s now and seem to appreciate my husband and I more however now they are in the stage where they like to challenge your opinions on politics and other areas.

themrs said...

LOL my five year old once told me that i was embarassing myself. then my oldest daughter (when she was around 6) informed me that my boobs look much nicer when i have a bra on! my kindergartener will no longer allow me to kiss him in public :(

Anya@IW said...

You guys are cracking me up.

I believe it's all healthy in moderation. Just a way for them to begin to separate themselves from us in preparation for being more independent. Seems to be starting kind of young in some children.

It's hard, a part of us (at least this is true for me) wants to keep them at that age when they wanted only us....

Samantha@IW said...

Oh the joys of parenthood- just when they start to get their own cool little personalities they turn on us!